Schüttelbrot gnocchi with radicchio and blue cheese
Gnocchi the South Tyrolean way. Combine a delicious gnocchi dish with the traditional taste of South Tyrolean Schüttelbrot. This recipe is for 4 people and takes about 40 minutes to make. A traditional gnocchi dish, but different. Enjoy!
|Servings: 4||Preparation time: 40 min|
- first boil the potatoes
- then press the hot potatoes through a potato ricer
- mix the mashed potatoes with the egg yolk and butter and mix well
- add the flour, salt and the Schüttelbrot crumbs
- mix everything together and knead it into a fine and smooth dough
- form small potato dumplings from the dough
- boil the potato dumplings in salted water and strain them afterwards
- sauté the radicchio with butter in a pan and pour in the vegetable stock
- add the cheese to the pan and let it melt
- toss then the potato gnocchi in the sauce
- arrange the potato gnocchi on the plate and garnish with blue cheese cubes and Schüttelbrot pieces
As a drink to accompany this dish we recommend a “Dunkles Lager” beer or a “Vernatsch” wine.